Brick Painting – Arlington, TX
Want a Fresh Look? Consider Painting Brick
Brick can provide a uniquely beautiful feature for a home’s exterior, add character and texture. However, in some cases, some brick tones can interfere with your home’s potential curb appeal. If you want your home to stand out in the best way, painting over the brick may be the right solution for you. At first, you may resist the idea of brick painting because you can’t go back once you’ve started, but our knowledgeable team at Platinum Painting can help you decide whether painting your brick exterior will enhance your home. Then, we’ll make sure the project is carried out perfectly so you never regret your choice!
Benefits of Brick Painting
Painting brick is a permanent change, which can seem intimidating at first, but there are tons of before-and-after photos showing the positive impact it can have. Below are just a few of the benefits you can get from painting your exterior brick.
Brightening Up Your Home
Years ago, earthy tones look were popular in designing homes, but Tuscan-type shades of raw brick can camouflage your home in with its surroundings. In other instances, the brick can make the house look dark and dismal. Nowadays, it is becoming commonplace for homeowners to paint brick! A lighter color brick evokes a more cheerful feeling through creating contrast and is more inviting.
Protection from the Elements
Over time, water can seep into and damage many housing materials, and brick can be particularly vulnerable as a result of its porous surface. When moisture is trapped in the brick, it can eventually erode the rough brick surface, potentially exposing your home to water damage. Keep in mind that the right primer and paint can provide ample protection from Mother Nature and prevent this from occurring to your brick.
Process of Brick Painting
After more than a decade in the business, we know how to approach painting brick surfaces, which is different from stucco and siding in many ways, and involves more detailed work. To ensure that you love the results, we follow these important steps to ensure even, long-lasting results:
- Before we get started, we’ll power wash the brick to clear out dirt and grime.
- Once the brick is dry, we’ll inspect the brick and identify cracks or gaps that need caulking or filling. We’ll quickly take care of that prior to moving on to the next step.
- Applying a specially formulated primer for masonry is next on the to-do list.
- Likewise, we’ll apply several uniform coats of the proper exterior paint, which covers the porous brick without trapping in potentially damaging moisture.
- Finally, we’ll clean up ourselves and walk with you on a final inspection, which is a chance for you to point out any areas of concern.